The service that military men provide to the country is worth noting and deserves to
There is no higher honor, and we are incredibly proud and grateful for all they do and for responding to this sacred calling, vowing to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic.” in the most courageous way. It takes every Airman in Air Force specialty and valor to fulfill his sacred role and duty: deploying across the world, defending the homeland in the air and space. Their dedication and devotion to give service reflect a proud legacy.
On this Armed Forces Day, Naked Armor is celebrating the gallant and the brave in the form of our Airmen.
Extending our sincerest gratitude and acknowledging their service, we want them to be known more and receive the same love and appreciation we’ve been giving to the Military. We want to highlight what they do and this specific part of their job that they’ve been committing to follow—the Air Force Hair Regulations.
In this article, we will learn about:
Happy Armed Forces Day!
What Does the Air Force Do?
We consider the Air Force the youngest of all these four services: Navy, Army, Marine, and Air Force. On September 18, 1947, after President Harry S. Truman signed the National Security Act of 1947, it became a separate service. The Air Force has become the leading aerospace force. As a whole, the service has the mission to protect the nation through navigation and exploitation of air and space.
The six distinctive capabilities of the Air Force:
- Aerospace Superiority: It includes establishing and maintaining control of the skies over conflict areas, allowing U.S. forces to operate at times and places of their choosing.
- Information Superiority: It includes controlling and exploiting information to the nation's advantage ensures decision dominance.
- Global Attack: The ability to engage adversary targets anywhere, anytime, holds any adversary at risk.
- Precision Engagement: Delivering desired effects with minimal risk and collateral damage denies the enemy sanctuary.
- Rapid Global Mobility: Rapid Global Mobility mission areas are airlift, aerial refueling, and aeromedical evacuation. Air mobility aircraft include inter-theater airlifters, intra-theater.
- Agile Combat Support: It is an Air Force distinctive capability that touches every functional area and is key to meeting the US Air Force's mission to organize, train, equip, and employ air and space power.
The US Air Force has become the leading aerospace force protecting the nation through navigation and exploitation of air and space.
Air Force Hair Regulations for U.S. Air Force
Like any other branch of the U.S. Military, the U.S. Air Force hair regulations must gain conformity and respect by both men and women who are joining the force. This is as crucial as following air force grooming standards. The AFI36-2903, the official policy, provides these Air Force hair regulations.
While every man and woman has all the right to express identity and individuality, you must keep in mind that if it is a dream of yours to be a part of them, you should be willing to follow a couple of rules.
- The Air Force maintains that the air force haircut must be clean and neat, well-groomed, a professional style while allowing proper wear of headgear and other military assigned equipment.
- To reach the air force grooming standards, note that Airmen are now allowed to dye or bleach their hair differently from their natural hair color. However, they must opt for natural hair colors still. That means that their choices limit from brown, blonde, natural red, black, and grey.
- When viewed from any angle, tapered hairstyles outline the Airman’s hair to conform to the shape of the head and curve inward. Hence, the policy encourages Airmen to keep a sharp hairstyle which is a proper air force haircut.
- Also included in Air Force hair regulations, it is prohibited to have a hair length that exceeds 2 inches in bulk and no longer than 1/4 inch at the termination point.
- Hair must have one straight-line part on either side of the head and not appear asymmetrical. When putting on grooming applications such as hair gel, an excessive amount is not allowed.
- When it comes to achieving an air force haircut, your choice should not prevent you from wearing headgear. In this case, tapered sides and back haircuts are ideal because they allow you to style a block cut.
Some men might find the Air Force hair regulations a little bit harsh and take away your freedom to express your individuality as a man, but you should understand that they are for safety, and the U.S. Air Force concentrates on that.
— D'Rock, Naked Armor Founder
Air Force Beard and Mustache Regulations
The U.S Air Force hair regulations for men have strict precepts of the beard as they prohibit you from growing your hair most of the time. There are significant exceptions: there’s a need for the commander’s authorization for you to develop an air force beard. Also, facial hair growth must have a connection with your health or based on religious reasons. With this, the beard should not be longer than one-fourth inch in length.
The Air Force allows men to grow a conservative mustache. However, you should be maintaining it based on the air force grooming standards to make it look professional. Moreover, it’s not allowed for the mustache to be longer than the corner of the mouth.
The Air Force specifies that they must “be conservative, moderate, being within reasonable limits, not excessive or extreme, and will not extend downward beyond the lip line of the upper lip,” which is yet again a guide for achieving a professional air force beard.
Air Force hair regulations also note that the beard must not extend sideways beyond a vertical line drawn upward from both corners of the mouth.
Awesome Air Force Haircuts For 2021
These air force haircuts are short and don’t require complex maintenance, with a limitation of hair length to two inches at the most. They are still quite popular among men, with many opting to make them their signature hairstyle.
This first air force haircut is suitable for men with straight hair because the end masterpiece appears flat at the top part of the hair. Slightly trim the hair at the top if needed so that it remains balanced and flat when you brush up. Since it’s the flatness that makes it appealing, you can highlight the flat top, the sides, and the back of the head by cutting them into a fade.
The flat top haircut is suitable for air force men with straight razor.
The fade haircut is probably the most popular clean haircut among men. This perfect air force haircut is also a standard in the Army. The length of the hair left at the top never exceeds two inches, and you should cut the sides to the shortest length possible. This haircut is likely to achieve on different hair types, with the final result being manly and sleek.
The fade haircut is the perfect air force haircut, exuding a sleek and elegant aura.
The crew cut is also known as the short pompadour, an appropriate hairstyle that follows air force hair regulations. The cut is most extended along the forehead and gets shorter towards the back of the head. On the other hand, the sides and back are tapered shorter on their way down in a fade. You can style the longer hair at the hairline in all kinds of different ways.
The crew cut is one of the most iconic
The buzz cut is a versatile haircut. It makes you look manlier, and it works with most face shapes. On top of that, it is also a good cut for subsiding hairlines since the nature of the cut makes your head seem fuller and more defined. Men with oval and rectangular face shapes are the most suited to this cut.
The buzz cut is the traditional military cut that is closely shaven on the back and on the sides of the head.
Naked Armor Straight Razors
Some men might find the Air Force hair regulations a little bit harsh and taking away your freedom to express your individuality as a man, but you should understand that they are for safety and the U.S. Air Force concentrates on that. A man who dreams of being a part of them should always be neat and well-groomed and someone who can maintain a professional image with a proper air force haircut.
Here at Naked Armor, every day is a celebration and the Armed Forces Day is an event we highly value. We take pride in designing and producing top-of-the-line straight razors that give the closest and most luxurious shave ever for men who love their careers. Our razors offer the best shaving sessions you can experience in trimming your hair or shaving off your facial hair to look more professional and respectable. You might want to check our Straight Razor Complete Kits and Straight Razors. Our straight razor line-ups all provide the closest shave for a more extended period than other razors that end up in our landfills.
Naked Armor's Lancelot Stainless Steel
Straight Razor Kit
Naked Armor's Lancelot Stainless Steel
For the Airmen who have been or will be living their dream of protecting and securing our land, the service you have and will be providing to the United States of America does not go unnoticed. We couldn’t be more grateful for having you as this land and people’s brave warriors. With that, we have the highest amount of respect for you for making this country a better place. We are celebrating your courage and love today, and this is all about you. Have a rocking Armed Forces Day!